I don't have time to properly blog anymore so this will just be a brief synopsis.
- Date Night.
- Walk across Granville bridge.
- Somehow get slightly lost.
- No, "directionally confused".
- (It's in a unexpected and unpretentious spot).
- Bottle of wine.
- Close yer eyes and point to anything on the menu and order it, it will be good.
- From that first bite I was blown away, and it was a friggen cucumber.
- From that first bite of farm fresh cuke with salty foam I knew I'd be coming back.
- (Or it was a sign of things to come - HEYO).
- I am pretty sure I was moderately embarrassing to be in public with: taking photos of every dish, raving about every single morsel of sablefish - warm octopus salad - or gnocchi that went in my mouth, and oooing over the little herb garden.
- No but seriously, the gnocchi was somehow crispy and light and buttery smooth all at the same time.
The aforementioned cucumber dish.
Dungeness crab salad.
Gnocchi with zucchini. This one was my favourite.