Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kadoya #2

Kadoya has opened a second location! Formerly the location of Sakuri Sushi, it's above the Marble Slab Creamery on Denman and next to the Soho Grill. I went for dinner and it wasn't very busy. Because it's on the second floor, I can't imagine there would be a huge amount of foot traffic, but that's what makes it great. The Kadoya on Davie is my favorite sushi restaurant in the city, but because the seating is cramped and it's always busy, I prefer to get take-out. With seating that includes booths and more than an inch between each table, there is ample space to sit and even walk around. Bigger is better at this new Kadoya, so you can enjoy your tuna tataki in comfort on their ridiculously huge new plates!

The plate was so big that there was an odd collection of garnishes on the end to fill up the space.


Salmon Tataki

Kadoya Japanese (Denman) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I was introduced to Samuri Sushi on Davies a few months back. Always seems like a line up out the door. Their Sashimi pieces were the biggest I'd seen and they had a decent Sake collection. Thanks for posting about Kadoya's. I'm always looking for new places to eat around here. How is Kadoya's Avocado roll? House roll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough I don't eat rolls (the seaweed/rice combination lodges itself in my esophagus), but everyone seems to rave about the spicy tuna roll at Kadoya.

    ReplyDelete