Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mommy-Blogging and Macarons

So the best part about being a mom is having another nose to pick. So many tiny boogers! Also mat leave. You can spend your day cross-stitching or napping or learning Spanish or whatever. During some of my free time I checked out Sweet Bake Shop in Yaletown. My friend Elena gave me one of their meringues and since meringues taste like sugar-flavoured air I decided to see what else they had. Okay. I have a giant boner for macarons, so I grabbed a party pack and took them home to enjoy el solo. While I will give the Sweet Bake shop points for creativity with their flavours (Neapolitan, strawberry cheesecake, key lime pie, chocolate milkshake), they are no Thierry. As in one and a half thumbs down. As in all the expensive marble and over-done pink girly shit will not make the macaroons taste amazing; and if you are two years late on a trend, you have to be amazing. 



1 comment: