Sunday, February 20, 2011

I am acutely aware that I am a terrible blogger; absenteeism, inconsistancy, and digression being several of my major transgressions. Not that I'm saying I plan on being back on pace for a 50-point season, just that I feel like writing again. Here's the thing, I originally planned on eating at all the places on Davie and Denman, (genre by genre) but after 20+ sushi places I was bored. Instead; I preferred to try out new places recommended by friends, or be surprised and taken to a place that I would never have chosen on my own, or I would just go back again and again to the places that I love (ie La Brasserie, Nook, La Taqueria). I also have a tiny problem with self-control. As soon as my food arrives I just mow down, having absolutely no patience for lighting and photos, and thus ruining my attempts to blog about The Red Wagon, Tavola, Adesso, Cafeteria, L'Abbatoir, and so on.

Now that I only have 12 or so months left in the West End, my plan is to create a West End Top Ten. A list of my favorites before I move to Gastown and have a whole new hood to demolish.

Another failed photo op, mid-mouthful into my Reuben at The Red Wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment