Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Meat & Bread: A Man-Made Sandwich Shop.

Pointing out that I am blatantly bias, enjoy my skewed opinion!
Jumping right into all the things I hate about this place:

I hate that the space is designed way cooler than my appartment. Kudos to Craig Stanghetta and the team for pulling off a man-cave feel without it being harsh and bat-cave like. There are so many great details but my favorites include the punching bag (for obvious reasons), the terrible taxidermy, and the herringbone walnut bartop.

I hate that it's so conveniently located across the street from my gym at Cambie and Hastings, kiddy-corner to Victory Square Park.  The level of sexy Man-Meat in Gastown just skyrocketed with the arrival of Mr. Jarvie and Mr. Harrington.

I hate that this isn't a sandwich you can find anywhere else. Fuck cold cuts. Fuck deli meats. Fuck re-heated bacon. Fuck toasted subs. And Fuck You subway secret sauce. The talents of Chef Joe Sartor are evident as the insightful and full flavors follow-through with the the man-made theme. Those hands know how handle a big-ol' hunk'a meat in it's journey from freshly butchered-to the carving station-to a mouth near you.

I hate to admit that porchetta beats bacon. One can argue that bacon beats all, but porchetta is pork belly wrapped around loin with herbs, slow-cooked to deliciousness. Crackling is the new crack-cocaine.

I hate that even vegetarians can enjoy the Meat & Bread experience. With the grilled cheese sammich and daily soup and solid salad options (heck yes chickpea + onion + ovenroasted tomato) herbivors don't have to feel like the social outcasts they are. Vegans; you're fucked.
I hate the entire hearty experience, everything from the design to the details to the delivery.  I predict that boys are gonna flock for their fill of Man-Meat and girls are gonna clammor for their view of Man-Candy.








Ps. The good-quality photos I have pilfered from pkmedia.ca
Meat & Bread on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That looks amazing. Can't wait to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I agree with the decor. Way more hip than I am but I will admit defeat for the porchetta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All things considered, this is guaranteed, yet many independent logo architects basically don't pay notice, and lamentably, just repeat existing logos to turn out with their as far as anyone knows "unique" manifestations. While a few customers might be tricked, most are definitely not. Try not to do this. Rather, turn out with something extremely one of a kind and unique, in light of the customer's brief just as the topic of the customer's business/character. With the customer getting what he/she wants, you would be in a vastly improved position to order better rates.
    logo design service

    ReplyDelete