Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Acme Cafe: First Edition

Frankly, who gives a shit about what they're eating unless they are enjoying the company they're with? That's why I thoroughly enjoyed the post-workout bro-down over Rueben's with the boys last Friday.

I can't help but comment on the rapidly changing neighborhood and hope that the Acme Cafe is a sign of things to come. Walking into the Cafe calmly transports you away from the frenzy of West Hastings. The place is clean and crisp, with uncluttered 50's diner-style nostalgia. The giant man who takes your order is kind and prompt. All this comes together over comfort food and fart jokes, and what more could a girl ask for?

The portion sizes weren't huge, but for nine bucks it was a reasonable Rueben sammich. And really, unless it's an all-you-can-eat situation, I try to avoid supporting gluttonous behavior. The show-stealer was definitely the side of Broccoli Almond Slaw, which I highly highly recommend. I would even suggest getting a double portion and skipping the potato chips.

I want to go back for the Breakfast. I want to try the Mac and Cheese and the Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwhich. I wanna eat lots of pie, and next time I will try the Espresso Milkshake instead of the Strawberry. On second thought, I should probably go back to the gym first.



Acme Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment