Friday, June 11, 2010

I Shouldn't Really Talk About This: The Nuba Secret.

So I've stumbled upon this ethical dilemma; to talk or not to talk about "The Secret". After thinking about it for half a second I realized that no one really reads my blog anyway. No offense, but I have Google Analytics and know that all four of you don't actually take me seriously (technically there's really only three because I still have to figure out how to get it to stop counting myself), so whatevs, enjoy:
 
Nuba started out small and created a solid reputation for authentic Lebanese fare. It carved a little niche for itself in the city and expanded to three locations (Seymore @ Drake, Cambie @ Hastings, and 3rd @ Main). I had numerous recommendations from friends, but hadn't gotten around to checking it out... until I discovered the perks of nepotism.  FYI: the opportunity to try The Secret may have been the kicker for going on a second date, just sayin.

Aptly named, The Secret is an off-the-menu dish which is a collection of their best/favorites that you can only order if you know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody, etc. Granted I was distracted by the wine and conversation, but I'm not really sure what exactly it was that I ate. I'm guessing it was taboulleh, a lentil dish with rice, and tzatziki. I found it flavorful in that warm, comfort food, salt-of-the-earth delicious way, and in reality it probably could have been anything because half the excitement is the fact that it's this sneaky secret thing. 
The selection of vegetarian and vegan options are rad, the ambiance is great, and the general theme felt very 'bead-curtain chic'. The service was a bit slow, but the overall experience made it worthwhile. If you're in the neighborhood I recommend giving it a whirl, after of course, you've tried La Taqueria.

 Najib's Special - crispy cauliflower. Sounds odd, but uniquely yummy. 
The Secret. 
...On second thought, I might go to blogger hell for this.  It's a special circle where we'll be assaulted with ad-space, typos, and blurry photos

No comments:

Post a Comment