Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chambar: Festival of Gluttony!

It's not often that I get to say that I thoroughly enjoyed being a third wheel, but how can a girl not be tickled pink to join the Cord and Paul Bromance? The combination of accents and Mom jokes was enough to make me question if my gut was sore from the gorging or the laughter. Sigh. Such a cute couple.

Being a huge fan of Cafe Medina, it was good to see the Chambar side of the gorgeous giant doors. It's an enticing, well thought-out space. The service is super smooth, pulling off sophisticated without being pretentious.   

On to the food! Apparently National Belgian Day falls on July 21st, and really, I'll take any excuse to eat 17 courses that includes a Spitroast Pig. (Sidenote: does dessert count as a course? I think the argument is lost on the fact that it's SEVENTEEN COURSES).  The Medieval Theme is my favorite form of fine dining: bib on, no utensils, finger lickin', and*ahem* pigging out, I was clearly in my element.

My favorites were the clams, prawns, and pigs ear. Frankie hooked us up, and not even kidding, it was like this chewy/salty/crispy bacon-like thing. My complaints are that the corn and cheese didn't really go well together, and the calamari was bland; but in reality, when I eat for two hours straight, I chalk it up to a solid night. Did I mention that dessert was bowls of Belgian Chocolate Fondue with pastries and fruit to dip?

This little piggy....
This is what I had to put up with.
Clams
Probably had more fun playing with this dish than eating it.
The theme of the night, Menage A Prawn?
Artichokes
Pig's Ear!
Fuck it. I wasn't about to let that chocolate go to waste.
Chambar Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment