Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pork Belly Beer House!

Entirely unplanned, the theme of the week ended up being pork. First the spitroast pig, now the pork belly, my coronaries are thoroughly enjoying their fill of grease this summer.  

I have found my newest favorite neighborhood dive. Thankfully I randomly stumbled across a review of this place, otherwise I'd never have learned that the Pork Belly Beer House exists. This Korean BBQ joint at 814 Bidwell is tucked in between Robson and Haro. It has absolutely no storefront signage and I'm guessing a non-existant advertising budget. Even foot traffic would have no idea what they were walking into because this place is a greasy, messy little jewel, and that's why I love it.


So for ten bucks each you get a plate full of pork belly, or if you wanna go all out it's sixteen bucks for all you can eat. Then you split a bottle of soju and for relatively cheap you can get crackered while eatin' some cracklin'.
You carefully arrange the bacon and toppings on the grill.

Then you dick around with it, cut up the bacon with scissors, and try not to burn yourself as the soju kicks in.

Then you take all these toppings...

...and wrap them up with the crispy bacon in a lettuce sammich.
Pork Belly Beer House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment