Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Ultimate Meal

In the contest of home-cooked verses dining-out, home-cooked always wins because it's made with love. Growing up, birthdays were always big family gatherings and the best part was being able to pick your birthday meal and cake. My mom would made the meal and Memere made the cake (But now Marielle usually brings home a "faulty" DQ icecream cake:).

In my nostalgia, my ultimate home-cooked meal has remained relatively unchanged:
  • Spaetzle (homemade German noodles)
  • Roast chicken with gravy
  • Corn on the cob
  • Garden carrots and peas and/or fried garlic zuccini
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard cake
My dream dining-out meal (other than an everything-imaginable all-you-can-eat buffet in Vegas) is an Italian restaurant:
  • Escargot in mushroom caps
  • Linguini in an alfredo sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and wild mushrooms
  • Creme brule

No comments:

Post a Comment