Saturday, November 8, 2008

Potatoes

Potatoes are undoubtedly my favorite food. Purely delicious carbyness. I could seriously eat potatoes served in any form. You name it, I'll eat it. I've tried raw potatoes and I don't recommend it, the starch sticks to the roof of your mouth. I love 'em fried, baked, steamed, double-baked, hash browns, mash browns, tater tots, potatoes Au gratin, scalped potatoes, mashed potatoes, whipped potatoes, re-fried potatoes, deep-fried potatoes (not fries specifically, just poutine), sweet potatoes, potato chowder, potato soup, potato salad, potato skins, potato pancakes, baby potatoes, and in a casserole. If I had to pick only one option to eat for the rest of my life, my choice would be to unearth baby potatoes directly from the garden in Creston (shovel and dirty fingernails included), hose 'em off, steam 'em, and serve with a generous dollop of butter and salt. Hmmmmm heaven.

Potatoes can cheer me up no matter what mood I'm in. For example last night I made a lame'old, uninspired stir-fry and I couldn't even finish it because I was so mad at how badly it turned out. So what did I do? I made potatoes, the perfect bedtime pick-me-up snack (that and a handful of mini Twix bars!)

No comments:

Post a Comment