Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cafe Luxy

Okay so I may have had a wee bit of a stressful night-shift last night but three things cheered me up this morning on my walk home after work (if you can't already tell I'm a list-kinda person):

1. The fact that I don't have to go back to work till Monday.
2. The mild-ish-ness of my first winter in Vancouver.
3. The impending first lunch meeting of the Ex-girlfriends Club!

What I love most about Italian food, is that by the end of the meal, between the pasta and the garlic bread, I'm in a carb-coma. Downright sit back and sigh serotonin satisfaction. Today's lunch at Cafe Luxy on Davie was no exception. I havn't eaten at all of the Italian restaurants on Davie and Denman, and being a naturally impatient person I am picking a favorite before I've tried them all. I've been to Cafe Luxy now twice for lunch and once for dinner and it is definitely making my top-ten list. The dinner portions will last you several meals, the pasta list is endless, and all the options for lunch are only $7.98 with salad and garlic bread. I might not be able to hold myself back if someone dared me to try all of the pasta dishes on the menu. Today I had the Penne alla Luxy, which was penne with sundried tomatoes and assorted peppers in a rose sauce. After picking out all of the green peppers (they give me heartburn), I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and have my leftovers for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment